Fender American Performer HSS Stratocaster - Black - Maple Fretboard
The Fender American Performer HSS Stratocaster Electric Guitar adopts classic style, but this is definitely a modern masterpiece. Originating straight out of Fender's factory in Corona, California, the American Performer Strat' is designed to inspire the next generation of players to hit the stage in style. Each model is supplied with a deluxe gig bag to get you out and performing in no time at all.
COOL STRAT STYLE
The American Performer Stratocaster body is shaped to the classic double-cutaway body shape that we've all come to know and love. The ergonomically designed profile features curves in all the right places to establish a snug feel during performances. The slender depth combined with bevelled edges makes it a joy to wield whether you're in a seated or a standing position and encourages you to move around freely on stage. Built using lightweight alder, you can boss the stage with ease, whilst the tonal versatility extends the Strat's range to cover any and every musical style.
SLEEK NECK SHAPE
Connected to the body is a supple and supportive maple neck, which is carved to the effortlessly playable modern "C" profile. The satin polyurethane finish allows your hand to shift smoothly from nut to neck joint. The 25.5-inch scale length emphasises an articulate response from every note along with a consistent feel across the strings. Married to the neck is a glorious maple fingerboard, which is home to 22 jumbo frets with dot position inlays to guide your way. The curve of the 9.5-inch fingerboard radius enables your fingers to roam with total freedom, allowing you to lay down deft technique with ease.
YOSEMITE SINGLE-COILS AND DOUBLETAP
The American Performer series benefits from some freshly designed Yosemite pickups, which break new ground for the guitar giant. The Yosemite single-coils are equipped with Alnico 4 rod magnets, which offer increased power compared to Alnico 2 without the hot and focused output of Alnico 5's. With an application of shellac rather than wax, feedback is controlled without restraining the coils ability to "breathe".
As the HSS name would suggest, in the bridge position there's another unique appointment on offer, the Yosemite DoubleTap humbucker. Designed by legendary pickup designer Tim Shaw (you may recall his awesome ShawBuckers). The raw humbucker power is delivered with full force to create a beefy, no-holds barred character. When you tap the humbucker, a single-coil tones spill effortlessly with a controlled character thanks to light wax potting to prevent feedback from overpowering your tone.
The addition of a Greasebucket tone control allows you to dial back the high-end brightness without losing any gain for beefy mid to low-end power.
The late-'60s/'70s-style headstock is home to some masterfully crafted ClassicGear tuning machines. Each one is individually anchored with a nut of the front of the headstock and endowed with an astonishing 18:1 gear ratio to give them outstanding performance. No matter how enthusiastically you rock out you can rest assured that adjustments can be executed with the smoothest action. The 6-saddle vintage-style synchronized tremolo responds to the subtle nuances of your vibrato technique, enabling you to produce delicate flourishes with minimal effort.
- American Performer Stratocaster® HSS
- Series: American Performer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss, Gloss Polyurethane, Satin Polyurethane (357)
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots (Maple), White Dots (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: American Performer
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black (306), 3-Ply Mint Green (300, 345, 357)
- DoubleTapTM caster (Middle/Neck)
- Humbucking (Bridge), YosemiteTM Single-Coil Strato-
- Pickup Switching:
- Part # Description UPC Code
- 5-Position Blade: Postion 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 2. Middle Pickup and Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 3. Mid- dle Pickup; Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Push-Pull Pot On Tone 2 for Coil-Split
- Master bucketTM Volume, Tone Circuit Tone 1. (Bridge (Neck Pickup)
- & Middle Pickup), Tone 2. Grease-
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Bridge Type
- Standard Tremolo System
- No. Strings
- Left / Right
- Electric Shape
- Electric Pickup Configuration